Friday, July 15, 2011

O's Drop Eight Straight (Again)

This is starting to wear me down.

I'm not paid to write about the Orioles...I'm a fan...just like you.

It's getting harder and harder to write about a team that leaves you heart-broken after every single game.

The latest loss came at home against the Cleveland Indians...the O's fell 8-4 on Thursday night.

We all were hoping the Birds would rest over the All-Star Break and come out swinging (and pitching) to start off the second half. That was just a dream...

Jeremy Guthrie gave up two homers in the first inning and the Birds were down 3-0 before they even took a swing. As we all know, the O's can't score with Guthrie on the mound, but maybe tonight would be different?

Nope.

Guthrie lasted just five innings and was charged with six runs on five hits and four walks. Guthrie (3-13) continues to lead the league in losses in his bid for a 20-loss season. The Orioles can't seem to score him any runs in his quest for history...

As I said, this is getting rough to watch, much less write about. I keep putting this off for hours, since I have absolutely nothing positive to say. Most fans I talk to have given up, hoping the NFL lock-out comes to an end quickly. The fans that still watch (myself included) wonder why they waste their time...

Here's a little quote from my good friend Keith Kinack, a New Jersey native that could be rooting for the Yankees but chose to support his home team...

"Honestly. I don't know why I still watch the O's anymore. With each loss my heart breaks a little more. Its depressing. Its the same thing every year. The worst thing is I can't see us doing better than last year. The baseball Gods hate Baltimore. Come on football season, save me from this inevitable loss of hope."

Wow. That pretty much says it all, doesn't it? The Birds have dropped eight straight. July is half over and the O's have won just one game this month. Can you blame Keith? Or me? Or the rest of Baltimore? The season is over just a game into the second half...

No comments:

Post a Comment