Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Back...What Happened???

I'm back from a much-needed vacation. It looks like the Orioles could have used one, as well.

Since my last post, the O's have dropped eight of their past nine games in a season that is unravelling quickly. I don't even know where to begin...

After taking two of three from the Cincinnati Reds, the Birds were swept at home by the St. Louis Cardinals. They then traveled to Atlanta, where they managed their lone win in July, a 5-4 victory on Sunday, July 3rd. Texas then swept the Birds in three games in Arlington, and the O's were pummeled by the Boston Red Sox on Thursday night at Fenway Park.

The O's pitching has hit an all-time low this season...the staff has given up ten or more runs in three of the last four losses. The club has shifted from neutral to reverse, and there isn't any end in sight.

The last-place O's (36-49) are now 13 games under .500 and 15 games behind the first-place Red Sox (oh yeah, Boston took first place from the Yankees with the win).

I'd love to spout out some highlights from the past week, but there really isn't much to say. I'm back from vacation, and I'll be following the team daily from here on out...I'm not so sure that that is a good thing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment