Friday, April 8, 2011

April Showers...

The Texas Rangers remain the only undefeated team in baseball, at least until tomorrow...the O's game was postponed due to rain on Friday night, forcing a doubleheader on Saturday.

My wife and I were there to celebrate the start of our anniversary weekend, and I was pumped to see Zach Britton's home debut, but the rain just wouldn't let up. The game was called an hour after the first pitch was scheduled...when I went to 'Fan Assistance' to inquire about the 'Scoreboard Surprise' I had planned, I wasn't given many answers, but I did receive a Matt Wieters bobblehead and an Orioles tote bag, so it wasn't a complete waste of time!

Had the game gone on as scheduled, Brian Roberts would have been a late scratch...Roberts was taken to the hospital with stomach pains; hopefully he'll be good to go on Saturday...

J.J. Hardy was on the bench as well, with Cesar Izturis penciled in at shortstop and in the No. 9 slot...

Saturday features Britton taking the mound at 4:35, with Jake Arrieta getting the nod for game two. The last time the Birds and Rangers faced each other in a twin-billing was in 2007...Texas took both games, and beat the O's 30-3 in the first contest (remember the embarrassment?!?). That won't happen this time...I'll place bets if anyone is interested.

This will be my last post until Monday, as the wife and I are taking a little vacation...I'll post a weekend wrap-up before the Birds battle the Yankees in New York on Tuesday night...Go O's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment